Yes, we process Deer! Get your deer processed by professionals that have over thirty years experience in processing and take pride in providing top of the line service. You can be assured that your deer is in good hands with us and our 32 degree walk in cooler. The deer is processed with the same high standards that we have for the retail meat.
The Deer are processed after hours so as not to contaminate the retail meat or the deer. Deer are also processed one at a time. WE DO NOT MIX THE DEER. Your deer is what comes in your cooler and what goes out in your cooler. Give us a try and you'll see that our Deer processing Customers come back year after year because of our fast turn around and great service.
What we do
We will process your deer to your specifications. Just bring in your deer in and we will go over the sheet with you and get your personal information. Your cooler will be numbered and we will then take care of the rest.
We will store your deer in the cooler and make sure it is well taken care of until processing. (this includes icing, draining and whatever else is needed) We will then process your deer and call you upon finishing. We will store the finished products until you pick up. If you do not pick up your deer within two days it will be frozen.
What you have to do.
Because we are a retail establishment we have to follow certain guidelines to be able to process your deer. These regulations include things like processing the deer after hours so as not contaminate the federally inspected meat and we have to clean thoroughly afterward. But the Inspectors also mandate some things that you must do also:
1. Proper Field Dressing is important to the quality of your meat. Here are some suggestions...
2. The Deer must be skinned and quartered.
3. The Deer must be in a closed, non-leaking cooler.
4. The Deer must be properly iced in your cooler to be dropped off.
5. When you come in we will need to fill out a processing form which includes your contact information.
6. Due to limited space you are to pick up your deer after notification as soon as possible.
Things to keep in mind
1. We have limited space and need you to pick up finished deer as soon as possible to ensure that we can serve everyone. After 48 hours from notification there will be a charge for storage added on each day to the final bill.
2. We will try to get you everything you want but the amount is dependent on the size and condition of your deer. We can not fully process parts that have buckshot or broken bone fragments in them .
3. Payment is due upon pick up.
Here is a Chart to give you an idea of how much a deer can yield in meat. These are estimated...
|Deer Weight (approx.)
||Weight after Dressed||Edible Meat (taken off bone)|